Monday, September 5, 2016

Plus Size OOTD: Princess Leia Star Wars Dress from @HerUniverse


As most of you probably read in my last post, I had a Star Wars themed wedding shower, And of course I had to match my dress to the theme. (I mean what kind of person would I be if I didn't!). And there couldn't be a better dress than this Her Universe Princess Leia dress! 


Now I have been eyeing this dress since last Christmas. It was a bit pricey at my hot topic, and I had no reason to get it. As soon as the girls told me the theme for the shower was Star Wars and I saw the dress was on clearance at Hot Topic AND I had Haute Cash, I took advantage. I am so happy I did, because the dress was PERFECT, and a big hit!


I have said this time and time again, Her Universe is my favorite line for geeky dresses and clothes because they cater to the plus size girls. I have so much from the brand, and this dress fits AMAZING. I was comfy in it all night, and I seriously love it. The dress has the perfect little hint of star wars to it, that unless you KNEW i was wearing a star wars dress, and knew what Leia wore in a New Hope, it just looks like a really fancy white dress. Which I like. I enjoyed that it doesn't scream that its a star wars dress, its still elegant. Perfect for my wedding shower. 



I paired it with white sneakers (because I am me, and I wear sneakers whenever I can.) and a black and white darth vader bow, which I fell like sort of pulled it all together and maybe gave it a little more "oh its star wars!" feel to it. Everyone loved the dress, I got so many compliments, even from people just seeing pictures. Saying how great it looked on me, and what not. I am so glad I waited and got it on sale, and ended up with a dress I love!

Thank you guys for reading! Please follow my blog for more outfits, and other awesome things!



No comments:

Post a Comment