Wednesday, October 4, 2017

How to makee a Jughead from Riverdale cosplay!


Hey everyone, its been awhile since I have posted on my good ol' blog! But with Halloween around the corner,conventions in full swing, and the Riverdale season 2 premier next week I figured I would share with you how I did my Jughead Jones Cosplay! 

Its great for those of you with a budget, you can do all of it that I did, or just stick to the basics, I also have DIY options as well as where to buy things! So here we go!



First off lets start of with the most iconic piece, his hat! The outfits don't mater right now, what matters is the hat. Now when I made my hat the only place to get the hat was etsy where the waiting list to have someone make the hat was long, so I figured I could make this thing! And I took it uponn myself to make a video on it which will be linked below! There is also another option, Hot Topic now makes the hat, which isn't GREAT but it does get the job done. I also made a review video on that, and you can pick and chose which way you want to go. DIY or buying it. Either way, Juggie needs his hat!









Alright next we have his outfit, On the show Jughead rotate few various pieces of clothing season 1. A bunch of his iconic "S" shirts, a few jackets. a bunch of plaid shirts, suspenders, boots and converse, as well as different style of jeans. I did a lot of research and picked what I felt was the best for me. And I kind of mixed and matched from different out fits. (looking at season 2, there is a lot more to pick from which also makes me excited). I picked this Jughead look, and I added a jacket later on which I will explain!



I found myself a grey plaid shirt, which because he has a ton of plaid shirts, the color doesn't really matter as long as its dark toned. I found a pair of grey jeans, a pair of suspenders from amazon. And of course his iconic "S" shirt. Which you can get the "S" shirt from Hot Topic now but I got mine as well as about 4 other colors of the "s" style from Based Tees. 

Depending on my mood I wear boots or converse. At conventions I wore converse but for my photoshoot I wore boots. It really depends on your level of comfort. Jughead does both, so its a win either way.




Aright, now that Jughead is a Serpent I knew I had to make myself a jacket, this is purely optional seeing as we don't know how often he is going to be wearing this jacket, but still. 



I have to admit, I have a ton of motorcycle jackets, so this didn't cost me much I just shopped my own closet, the most I spent was on the patch, the etsy seller no longer has the patch but I will link a similar one (here).  Now since its leather you can't iron on the patch, so I used a really strong fabric glue that held up really well in the middle of the summer at a convention,  If you have the patience or time, you can sew it. But I just decided to glue it. When I wear the jacket I tie my plaid shirt around my waist like Jughead does, and that is it! 


Now its time to go meet the gang at Pop's because your Jughead cosplay is done! I really love it because its not a lot of money, a lot of the stuff you might already have, and the things you do have to buy, you can  find at Hot Topic if you don't want to make it. I love this cosplay, it can be done by guys or girls, its super comfy, and it gives you an excuse to eat ALL THE BURGERS AND MILKSHAKES! I mean who doesn't  love that right?


I hope you guys enjoyed this cosplay post! If you make a jughead cosplay tag me on Instagram and twitter @haveumetashley! Share this post with your friends and don't forget to embrace being a weirdo









No comments:

Post a Comment