Tuesday, August 11, 2015

My Boston Comic Con 2015 Adventure


Its that time of year again! Its Boston Comic Con time! (well a week after, but whatever.) Boston Comic Con 2015 came and went, and let me tell you it was a pretty awesome weekend. Debuting a new cosplay, making childhood dreams come true, extreme fan boy moments, meeting awesome people the list goes on and on. Everything was so jam packed, I really have no idea where to start, so I guess I will start with day 1.





FRIDAY


This year we attended Friday and Sunday. (why not Saturday? well see even crime fighters have to attend family functions somtimes!) and Friday was cosplay day! This year was really exciting because Eric and I have been working on our Black Canary and Green Arrow Cosplay for over a year now. It had been something we both wanted to do. but for many reasons just didn't. And Of course as soon as we saw Manu Bennett as one of the media guests (Deathstroke from Arrow!) It pushed us to complete out cosplays.               Now I am going to have a whole post on my Black Canary Cosplay alone, so i wont get into that a lot, but needless to say it was really fun, and Manu got a kick out of us, as you can see here in our photo op, and he was a pretty awesome guy,  so it was well worth the work we put into it, Meeting Manu was a great moment of the con for sure, but I will say hands down the greatest thing I can take from Friday was Eric meeting Cassandra Peterson
(the amazing women behind Elvira), because through all the people we have met over the years, and if you meet Eric in person you know he LOVES to talk, hes very much a people person, but meeting Cassandra, left his little fanboy heart speechless.
           It meant SO much to him just to walk up to her table and and barely say hello, smiling like a little kid, it was just awesome. And Cassandra was just amazing, down to earth, sweet, and HILARIOUS. She took the time to talk to us (well me, he couldn't say a word). I adore Elvira so getting a chance to meet Cassandra was a freaking epic. And I am glad I could make Eric's year, (even more so on Sunday!)
          Along with us Dressing up as Arrow and Canary I convinced my friend Ashlee to dust off her Batgirl cape and join in on the fun.Which I think is what made Friday the most fun. And honestly what makes
most con's the most fun. Being able to dress up like super heroes and run around with your friends. Meeting Celebrities and artist of the work I love aside, that is the main reason I love going to conventions. No one thinks its weird that you are dressed up as Black Canary or Batgirl, they think its awesome and want to take picture of it. You see kids dressing up as the same characters you are and they get excited to take pictures with you.                                                              
                  I will mention this is my post about my Black Canary cosplay also, but doing this cosplay was the most fun because of the people I did it with. It made me feel awesome about myself, and it was hilarious and fun to hug my friend and call her Barbra, or just stop in the middle of the convention floor and take pictures with another Canaries and Arrows and swap cosplay tips or find out where they got or how they made a part of their outfit. I was scared at first because this was really out of my comfort zone, other costumes I have done haven't been a full leather costume with a corset, I didn't think I would feel good in it, but honestly I would do it again next weekend if I could. I had the most fun with Canary, and It seriously was an amazing time being her for a day. With my Babs and my Ollie.

Check out Friday's Vlog for more crazy antics:



(read more for day 2)



Sunday



So Sunday was basically dubbed "Stan Lee" Day, because that is really what we couldn't stop talking about all weekend. Stan Lee was the big guest this year as Boston Comic Con, and there is no way I would pass up a chance of meeting the most awesome guy on the face of the planet, and checking that off my bucket list. Sunday was not a cosplay day, because Eric and I both wanted a relaxed day, that we can just sort of look around, check out venders, and be chill. But I still rocked my Her Universe Han Solo dress, because why not? 
        Sunday one of my best friends,and huge Stan Lee fan boy and crazy comic book nerd, joined us, Nate. All morning leading up to our Stan Lee photo op he couldn't stop talking about how excited he was to meet Stan. Now me and Eric were excited, but Nate took that to 11. Which I think made the experience 100% more amazing because him being so excited, made us even more excited to be there, it was like kids on Christmas Eve levels of excitement.
                      This is Stan Lee, sure it was going to be done and over quick, but  to us? It was fucking epic. The line for the photo ops was insane even though we got there early, but I will say BOTH times we had photo ops this year was 100 times better than last
(so props so epic photos because you did a great job), we quickly made friends with the group behind us who shared our excitement that "WE ARE FREAKING ABOUT TO MEET STAN LEE", and we gave zero shits that he was like 30 minutes late, because honestly? We were just happy to be there at all.
       Everything went by so quick, we shared a photo (because lets face it $100 for one photo is INSANE) it went by so fast, but as we all got in together, Stan gave us a little hello, we all nervously posed with him, gave our biggest cheeses, and then it was over, but not before Nate looked at him and thanked him for hes all done, and Stan replied with a "thank you" which made Nates and all of our weekend (you can see his reaction in the vlog bellow.).  Its so amazing how a simple 2 minutes could make someone so happy. It was worth every penny, and every second just for that simple moment.  And it was only NOON on Sunday. Or now dubbed Stan Lee day! After the photo we decided to just walk the convention floor, check out some tables and kill time before the Elvira Panel, which was awesome, all kinds of inspiring, (shes an amazing women) which is featured in the vlog below, Eric actually asks her a question during the panel, I was proud! 
            A last minute choice was meeting Robin Lord Taylor, (from Gotham and The Walking 
Dead). which I am glad I did because he was a peach. And I say that because he really is the sweetest thing. Most of the time by sunday you can tell people are tired, and its been a long weekend and they sort of just want to get the day over with, but he was up beat, and excited to talk to everyone. We had a older couple in front of us that were telling him endless stories and he just laughed and really enjoyed just having conversations with everyone. His first words to me was how he thought my hair was so awesome, I shared with him that he is pretty much the only reason I keep watching Gotham (at least I am honest!) he was just the sweetest guy.And a pretty good ending to an amazing weekend if I do say so myself.  

Sundays Vlog can be found here:



All and All Boston Comic Con was a great success this year. It wasn't crazy crowed, everything went smoothly, and tho I am kinda sad there was no Tardis sightings,  I had a ball, in cosplay and even just as regular old me.  

I hope you guys enjoyed this little Boston Comic Con write up, I am excited to share more conventions with you as the year goes on.Some more Cosplays and adventures! So Subscribe to me on YouTube, and follow my blog! 


No comments:

Post a Comment