Thursday, September 5, 2013

Maybelline Limited Edition Fall 2013 Color Sensational Lipstick - Midnight Plum

Now all of the fall LE collections are starting to pop up in drug stores all over. I am in love with deep dark lips, and fall has always been my favorite season for LE collections because I tend to wear fall colors all year round. I spoted the Maybelline Fall display in my local Walgreen's and decided I needed one of the lipsticks, midnight plum appealed to me most. I haven't tried any Maybelline Color Sensational lipsticks, so I was curious as to how that stacked up to other brands that I love.



Midnight Plum is what the name days, a darkened plum. I didn't swatch it on my lips because well, I hate taking pictures of my lips, but I will say it tends to apply streaky, but with a good lipliner, it works pretty well, but I wouldn't wear it alone. Wear time is average, not crazy about the formula but compared with a berry or plum lipliner it really looks dark and pretty. (though when I wore it someone said  I reminded them of Edward Scissor hands, but it could of been a good thing) It doesn't dry my lips out but it also isn't really hydrating, and the smell is just kinda..meh. But if you dig the color it could be looked past.

If you are into the dark lip thing  (or trend) you may want to check this out, but just know you may need a good lip liner, but the lipstick formula isn't something that blows me away.

I hope you guys enjoyed this review, and look for more fall collection reviews!

-Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment