Sunday, May 15, 2016

New Look, its been awhile.


I honestly feel like its been forever since I have sat down and written in my blog, If I am being honest with myself I was sort of stuck with what to do here, For the last 5 years I have written reviews, and sort of kept to the same thing, and honestly I was getting bored with it. Don't get me wrong I still love makeup, and fashion and I am still really active on my YouTube channel. Its just harder now to drop a few $$ at Sephora to write a few blog posts on makeup, and what not.And I have passions and things out side of makeup that I wanted to touch on, and I did, a little bit here and there.

I felt like I was in a rut with the blog. I had SO much I wanted to write about. But this felt like my fashion blog, even when I would write about movie trailers, or even conventions, it still felt like I wasn't happy with where this blog was going. So after about 6 months of sitting on it, I decided I needed to change that. I missed writing, and I wanted to write about different things, but still keep this blog. It has been a part of me for so long now. So after sitting down with Eric and sort of talking it out, he designed me a new banner that just said "haveyoumetashley" nothing with "a geeks love of" on it, so I would have the freedom to write and say kind of what I want with out dwelling on the fact that this is a fashion blog. People grow, and I was growing and I want to talk about more than just that. Does this mean I wont post outfits, and hair tops? NO I will always post those, it may just have a lot of other things in between. I have a few posts saved up that I have been writing here and there and they will be posted in the next few weeks, to get myself back into the swing of things. I will be posting some wedding things, some random stories and even some book reviews, and comic things. A lot of changes, but I feel happy about it. My life is more than just makeup and clothes, so I wanted this blog to reflect that. I hope you all want to come along with me through this change!





No comments:

Post a Comment