Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Guest Blogger Jordan: OOTD Thrilling Adventure Hour night!


Ever since I started doing these guest posts for the blog, I've been hyper-critical of all my outfits. Is this one worthy of a blog post? Is it nerdy enough? Is it cute enough? A needless to say it's been a little tough to come up with outfits worthy of posts, or vice versa. Like all of y'all, I have trouble finding ways to put together my nerdy pieces with cuter flair. So this post will be a little departure, because it's not quite nerdy but it's a damn cute outfit.

A few weeks ago, my friend was able to snag tickets to the late show of The Thrilling Adventure Hour. For those that don't know, TAH is a podcast that's recorded live and performed in the style of an old time radio show. They have celebrity guests and some wickedly talented actors doing all the characters. I've been a fan for a years now, but the shows sell out lightning fast. So when my friend invited me with her, I about screamed.



I went through a lot of different options in trying to pick my outfit for the night, from deciding I was going to make a skirt, to going to at least six different stores looking for a new dress, to giving up and deciding on wearing something I already owned. Thankfully, I had my trusty LBD and was able to rock it out.

My dress for the night was a simple fit and flare from ASOS, accessorized with Steve Madden shoes, a pocket watch necklace my mom got me in London and my favorite owl earrings. My favorite part of my new haircut is that I can show off all the cute studs I have!



Since I'd kept everything else simple for the day, I allowed myself to have fun with my make up. I did probably the best winged eyeliner I've ever done with an Eyeko skinny liquid liner, a shimmery gold eyeshadow from my Francesca's palette, and a liberal amount of my E. L. F. mascara. I finished off with the E. L. F. face shimmer whip as a highlighter and I was camera ready (good thing because we took pics with EVERYONE). I also did a bit of a flat iron curl with the top of my hair to give it a little more texture because I'm just not a fan of it laying flat on my head (as you might be able to tell).

The whole night was a successful fashion venture and I'm glad we got the opportunity to dress up and feel fancy for a night because every girl deserves it.

If you're in the LA area, please do try to see the Work Juice players at Largo, they perform once a month and it's not to be missed if you can. If you're not in the area, their podcast is free on iTunes and is just as good - short too! Perfect for when you're stuck in the car and want a good belly laugh (I'm partial to the Amelia Earhart and Captain Laserbeam stories).

Follow Jordan on Twitter @jjkeebs

No comments:

Post a Comment